Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Seeing Red



(Picture from The Sartorialist)

There is something about red coats and jackets that really get me going. It all started my first Halloween, when my Nonni made me a Little Red Riding Hood cape. I loved it.

Red is a flattering colour in my opinion no matter what garment/accessory it is. It's one of those colours that make an impact weather it's worn subtly like with a lipstick or a red shoe, or if it's a shirt or pant or dress.

This weekend my partner in crime and I both picked up a red coat. Both beautiful, and both very different. So I was inspired to see how others wore their red coats. My conclusion is, no matter what style the coat, the red coat is a cheeky yet put together look for winter. Especially if you live somewhere snowy. The contrast of red against white white snow is like no other.

So without further ado, here are a few inspirational red coats:















1.Picture by The Sartorialist
2.Picture by Style Slicker
3.Picture by The Sartorialist
4.Dear Golden Vintage Etsy shop
5.Good Eye Etsy Shop
6.Sugarskull Vintage Etsy Shop
7.The Vintage Wren Esty Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment