Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jumpsuites, Rompers, and Playsuites Oh My!



OK, so by now I'm sure you have formed an opinion on the romper. I will admit I was pretty judgemental when they first came out last summer, but I kept seeing them and realized what a great thing rompers are. Here is why they are great;

1. Not unlike a dress, you don't have to worry about what top goes with these bottoms or vice-versa. Instant outfit, well maybe not outfit, but it's a good start!

2. You can dress it up or dress it down. No matter which way you wear this, it seems to look effortlessly chic.

3.You can wear this summer's great shoes with almost all of these styles of rompers. Platforms-Check, Ballet flats-Check, TOMS-double check. This also applies to your favourite jewels. Pile on the bling, cause you have room to play with the uniform colour/pattern that the romper gives you.

Part of the reason I shunned the romper in the first place was because I thought I had the wrong body type for it, but really it turns out rompers can be pretty flattering and forgiving. So if your in doubt give one a try and see it for yourself. I am now the proud owner of two rompers, and I can't wait to bust them out when the weather gets warmer.

Bottom line is this is a versatile piece of clothing that may be trendy at the moment, but is certainly a must in all our closets this summer.

Now if I still haven't convinced you, here are some great romper looks to inspire you. (Bonus. Tina Fey rocked this jumpsuit at the new york costume institute gala, and in my books Ms. Fey is aces)




Picture from Chictopia


Picture from Chictopia


Picture from Chictopia

No comments:

Post a Comment