Friday, December 18, 2009

Art Pottery



My collection of art pottery, started when I was a teen unknowingly, when I bought a W. German vase at a garage sale. I was taken by the texture and shape, but had no idea what I was buying. Ever since, I have developed a taste for art pottery from the 50's 60's and 70's. When I learned what it was that I was so drawn to, I am always on the look out for great pottery pieces, and if I find a W. German piece, it's a good day.

This brings me to my latest thrift score. Today I won, in a silent auction at our local Salvation Army, a large pottery lamp. The lady at the store says it's Canadian pottery, but I have my doubts. Regardless I am delighted and smitten by my new light, and have already found a home for it. I'm excited to show you all, so here it is....


A gem! It also helped me get rid of some unnecessary objects that I have no room for anymore since I had to clear a spot for the new piece. If anyone knows or has a hunch about who would have made this lamp let me know...

If anyone is interested in W. German pottery, I came across this site today. Also found this book, which I need! I don't know much about the pottery I have, except that most of it is W. German, hoping this book will teach me a thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment